First of all let me wish everybody a happy, prosperous and most importantly, healthy New Year!

New Year for me couldn’t have started any worse. Yesterday afternoon, around 4PM my electricity tripped. No probs I thought, just go and flick the switch like normal and everything will be hunky-dory. Well my friends, not this time. The main circuit breaker had burnt through and melted the fick switch into position. It had me flummoxed for about ten minutes and when the swearing had abated I suddenly remembered it was evening time on New Years Eve! Sh*te! Bottom line was all the shops had closed and I couldn’t get hold of anyone to come round and fix it. Myself, the wife and three kids endured til midday today without electricity until we finally located an electrician who was willing to come out and fix the problem. €200 later everything is working again. We were in bed by ten last night and the house was freezing. We couldn’t get out of bed until after eight this morning because it was still pitch black. I’m telling you, it couldn’t get any worse and if this is the way the New Year has dawned, then I dread to think what the rest of the year will be like :(

Needless to say, I haven’t managed any selections today but I will be back to normal tomorrow (unless a water main bursts or something!)

horseracingtipsandbanter.com is based on WordPress platform, RSS tech , RSS comments design by Gx3.