Here’s what the Racing Post made of today’s valuescope race, the 15:45 at Sandown:

“Cases could be made for several of these, but it was hard to fancy the injury-prone BACKBEAT, who had been off the track more than a year and whose trainer Howard Johnson had indicated beforehand that this was his last chance before a possible sale as a point-to-pointer or hunter chaser. However, this race was chosen for him from three possible targets on the card, and having been sent to the front with more than a circuit to go, he made the rest and stayed on strongly to come home clear.
Eric’s Charm invariably runs well here, but he is getting on now and was unable to take advantage of a mark 5lb lower than when he was second in the 2006 Betfred Gold Cup.
Principe Azzurro continues to run well, while cross-country horse Florida Dream was far from disgraced back in a conventional chase off a much lower mark.

Chief Yeoman wasn’t guaranteed to stay, and having closed to have his chance three out he couldn’t find any more over the last two fences.
Aztec Warrior was not among the sextet that were clear of the rest three out, but he plugged on to pass top-weight Crystal D’Ainay on the run-in. The last-named should have finished somewhere near Eric’s Charm on Exeter form, but he has two ways of running and this wasn’t one of his better efforts.
Limited Edition had been off the track 296 days, since falling at Cheltenham in March, and he weakened right out of it going to three out. ”

 No winner today unfortunately but a decent 3rd @ 11/2.

20:20 Kempton  RADIATOR ROONEY  3rd@11/2

20:50 Kempton  PARKVIEW LOVE  Unp@10/1

Well today’s selection, Princippe Azzuro did managed to finish in the places (3rd @4/1f) but unfortunately we were only playing the win market , so 2 points down for the first week. Full results and tables on the dedicated valuescope page.

OK, we have now reached day one of the new valuescope year. As I wrote on the valuescope page, this year I intend to follow the valuescope column from the Daily Mirror newspaper every week. It made around 370 points profit in 2007 alone- more than enough to pay for next Christmas :)

I will be using €10, £10, $10, (whatever your currency maybe) per point. As bets suggested are normally 2 points each way and I’ll be using betfair as opposed to conventional bookies, I’ve decided that a 2 point bet each way for my purposes will constitute a €13 bet on the win market and €7 bet on the place market. Obviously, recommended straight win bets will be at a tenner a point. I hope this all makes sense but I’m sure you will all catch on as the year progresses. I will keep results and monies earnt updated in the relevant valuescope page on this site.

Anyway, on to today’s first helping and it looks like we start the year with a relatively short (for valuescope) priced bet at a suggested 11/2.

15:45 Sandown PRINCIPE AZZURO

Suggested bet: 2pts win

I managed to get €20 (2 points) on betfair at odds of 6.00 (5/1). If the horse wins I make a clear profit of €95.00.

So, fingers crossed for today and here’s hoping we start with a flyer!

Right, I will be staying on the All Weather today with my personal picks. Both are from Kempton and run this evening:

20:20 Kempton  RADIATOR ROONEY

20:50 Kempton  PARKVIEW LOVE

No system selections again today I’m afraid :(

horseracingtipsandbanter.com is based on WordPress platform, RSS tech , RSS comments design by Gx3.