Today I feel pretty happy with these selections, so here goes:

12:40 Southwell  TEMTATION

12:50 Leicester  ARCTIC CHERRY

15:10 Southwell  DANCING MYSTERY

No system selections again today

13:30 Ludlow MY OLD PIANO Unp(4th)@7/1

15:40 Taunton MASTER WOLF Fell@10/1

Today can be classed as one of those ‘hit the bar’ days. My Old Piano missed out on third place by half-a-length and Master Wolf fell while tracking the leaders.

I have finally managed to corolate the results for my personal picks and will post them up within the next couple of days.

Right, here are the 2007 final results for system 6:

258 selections

56 Wins

121 Placed (including wins)

Total Points: 34.62

21.70% strike rate

13.41% ROI

The system fared terribly up to the 27th of June at which point it was showing a loss of 33.39 points! What this says though is that for the second half of the year we had a 60 point swing the other way, which was fantastic. On the back of this I checked previous years results to see if there was any pattern that was being followed. Well, I can tell you that there wasn’t. Certain months that were disastrous in 2007 for example, did well in 2006. Months that did well in 2007 didn’t do so well in 2005.

Bottom line is, I think, to stick with the system through thick and thin because at the end of the day, it has posted profits every single year from 2001 (that’s as far as my records go back) :)

The fare is not great today and I struggled to find anything meaningful. A couple of tentative each way picks.

13:30  Ludlow  MY OLD PIANO

15:40 Taunton  MASTER WOLF

Yet again we have no selections for the system today. I have gathered some interesting stats for System 6’s performance in 2007, which I shall share with you a little later.

Two out of the three placed, both third and both 8/1! As the personal picks are primarily each way picks then I suppose I can’t complain.

14:10 Southwell  DIRECTA’S DIGGER  Unp@12/1    -last :)

14:25 Plumpton  MISTRESS NELL  3r@8/1

15:10 Southwell  PIANO KEY  3rd@8/1

Right, I’ve come up with a couple of picks today that I think have an excellent Each Way chance. I know they may be famous last words but….

14:10 Southwell  DIRECTA’S DIGGER

14:25 Plumpton  MISTRESS NELL

15:10 Southwell  PIANO KEY

Good morning world. I am a bit late with my posting today but being Sunday morning I’m sure you all understand :)

Another blank today for the system- no selections.

Here’s what the Racing Post made of today’s valuescope race, the 15:45 at Sandown:

“Cases could be made for several of these, but it was hard to fancy the injury-prone BACKBEAT, who had been off the track more than a year and whose trainer Howard Johnson had indicated beforehand that this was his last chance before a possible sale as a point-to-pointer or hunter chaser. However, this race was chosen for him from three possible targets on the card, and having been sent to the front with more than a circuit to go, he made the rest and stayed on strongly to come home clear.
Eric’s Charm invariably runs well here, but he is getting on now and was unable to take advantage of a mark 5lb lower than when he was second in the 2006 Betfred Gold Cup.
Principe Azzurro continues to run well, while cross-country horse Florida Dream was far from disgraced back in a conventional chase off a much lower mark.

Chief Yeoman wasn’t guaranteed to stay, and having closed to have his chance three out he couldn’t find any more over the last two fences.
Aztec Warrior was not among the sextet that were clear of the rest three out, but he plugged on to pass top-weight Crystal D’Ainay on the run-in. The last-named should have finished somewhere near Eric’s Charm on Exeter form, but he has two ways of running and this wasn’t one of his better efforts.
Limited Edition had been off the track 296 days, since falling at Cheltenham in March, and he weakened right out of it going to three out. ”

« Previous Articles    Next Articles »
horseracingtipsandbanter.com is based on WordPress platform, RSS tech , RSS comments design by Gx3.